I’m a food girl – with a passion for fitness.
- After a long struggle with stomach issues – I was finally diagnosed with a gluten intolerance in June of 2005. Since then, I have discovered a whole new exciting world of food. Along with completely avoiding gluten, I also follow a dairy free diet and try to minimize other allergens, processed foods, and refined sugars. I love spending time in my kitchen experimenting with new “clean” recipes.
- I have always loved being outdoors and active, so studying health sciences at Colorado State University was a natural fit for me. I currently hold my Bachelor’s degree in Health and Exercise Science with a concentration in Health Promotion and have held certifications in personal training and group exercise instruction since 2006. I have worked in numerous health and wellness settings, focusing on youth, adult and senior fitness. I work with clients in one-on-one training settings, corporate boot camp classes and online training program design. I love being able to share what I love the most with people around me, and seeing them reach their goals is so rewarding!
- I am married to an amazing man, my best friend, and a college football coach. I spend my weekends watching football games and living the life of a coaches wife. Being in the sports world has it’s challenges, but I wouldn’t trade it for the world. I enjoy running trails, de-stressing with yoga, swimming and lifting weights.
- Bachelors of Science: Health and Exercise Science – Health Promotion Colorado State University
- AFAA (Aerobics and Fitness Association of America) Certified Personal Trainer
- AFAA Certified Group Fitness Instructor
- Boot Camp Challenge Certified Instructor
- Running programs for new runners
- Core and Functional Training
- Weight loss and Fitness Improvement
- Incorporating yoga, pilates and balance into total body programs
- Building variety into your program
- Nutrition and special diets with an active lifestyle
Now that you know a little bit more about me – I can’t wait to get to know you! Are you ready to reach your goals and get fit for life?!